3-Day Nature Escape in Zhangjiajie
Zhangjiajie is the perfect escape from the big cities of China. Offering a UNESCO-listed heritage National Park, endless hiking opportunities, picturesque countryside and well-developed tourism infrastructure, it is a great choice for those with limited time and a strong love of nature.
Tour starts/finishes: Zhangjiajie
Fitness level required: Average
Time of year available: Anytime
Time of year recommended: March-April, mid-May to October
Day 1: Zuolong Gorge-Wulingyuan (L, D)
Meet up with your guide in Zhangjiajie. Drive approximately 2 hours to Zuolong Gorge, near Furong Ancient Town. Take a 2-3 hour adventurous hike along metal chains and up ladders through this beautiful forested gorge. If it’s hot, stop for a dip in the naturally-formed pool at the end of the gorge. Have a late lunch at a farmer’s house, sampling some of Western Hunan’s local dishes, before driving on to Wulingyuan for overnight.
Day 2: Zhangjiajie National Park (B, L, D)
Spend a full day sightseeing in the Zhangjiajie National Park. First, take the cable car up Tianzi Mountain, sightseeing West Sea Sandstone forest and Imperial Brush Pen Peaks. Go by shuttle bus to Yuanjiajie. Visit the Enchanting Stage (Mihun Tai) and the No.1 Bridge on Earth (natural bridge formed by two mountains) then take the Bailong elevator back down the mountain. Return to Wulingyuan for dinner and the option of viewing a large-scale performance, ‘Charming Xiangxi’, which includes minority dancing and singing and some impressive acrobatics.
Day 3: Zhangjiaijie National Park-Tianmen Mountain (B, L, D)
In the morning return to the National Park and take a 2 hour stroll along Golden Whip Stream. Then drive back to Zhangjaijie city for lunch. In the afternoon, take the 7.4km long cableway to the top of Tianman Mountain, the highest mountain in Zhangjiajie (standing at 1520 metres). Hike out to the various scenic spots. See sub-primitive forests, Tianmen Temple (Buddhist centre of Western Hunan) and Tianmen Cave, made famous by Russian stunt pilots who flew through the 30 metre wide natural archway for the first time in 1999. Come down the mountain for dinner in Zhangjiaijie city. Transfer to the airport for your evening flight.
An alternative winter itinerary is available for those travelling between December and March. This includes Zhangjiajie National Park, Tianmen Mountain, Yellow Dragon Cave and Jiangya Hot Springs. Please fill in the Enquire tab to request itinerary details and prices.
The following table shows the price per person for groups of varying sizes. This trip uses private transportation for the duration of the tour and 3 star standard hotels. If you would like to use public transportation for your trip, or stay in hotels or guesthouses of a different standard, please contact us for a revised itinerary and quote.
|2 people||3 people||4-5 people||6-7 people||8 + people
|Price per person
||2900 CNY||2150 CNY||2000 CNY||1850 CNY||1700 CNY||500 CNY|
- Accommodation: 2 nights accommodation in 3 star standard hotels.
- Entrance tickets : Zuolong Gorge (70 CNY), Zhangjiajie National Park (248 CNY), Tianmen Mountain (258 CNY)
- Cable car tickets: Tianzi Mountain ascent (52 CNY), Bailong Elevator descent (56 CNY)
- All transportation: Transportation for all transfers is by private 7-11 seater business vehicle (up to 6 people) or an 18 seater Jinlong bus (7-10 people)
- Meals : 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners as marked on the itinerary. Lunches and dinners will be standard Chinese food including rice and a variety of meat and vegetable dishes. Breakfasts will be a combination of Chinese breakfast foods (noodles, steamed buns, eggs).
- Guide: An experienced English speaking tour guide
- Charming Xiangxi performance (248 CNY)
- Snacks, drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, laundry etc.
- Surcharges will be charged for peak travelling times such as Chinese New Year, May Day (May 1st-7th) and National Day (October 1st-7th). For tours at these times please contact us for a customized quote.
- The prices quoted are to be used as a guide only. A final tour quote will be provided to you at the time of enquiry which may be higher or lower than the price listed above.
Below are some images from previous tours in this area. Click to view larger images.
Great trip. Eric was superb – he was constantly aware of our well being and comfort and also our sense of adventure. He was an excellent translator and had a great sense of humour – we’ve met a friend for life. The trip to Zhangjiajie was both thrilling and vertigo inducing. It’s been wonderful to look back and remember the experience.
Sean Lawler writes….
I agree with everything (the other) Sean said. It was truly a trip of a lifetime. Eric was a fantastic guide and translator. We couldn’t have had a better time.
Georgina Milligan writes….
We had a wonderful time and enjoyed every minute we were in Zhangjaijie. Bree was a treasure, the driver was very good at his job and we felt very safe with him at all times. The itinerary was great, the pace wonderful. We cannot thank you enough for the way everything went. The hotels were good, nice, clean and comfortable. Bree introduced us to some really different things food wise, she was easy to talk to and we enjoyed her company. Thank you once again for a very memorial holiday in China. We will certainly recommend your company to friends and our local travel agent.
You are enquiring about the 3-Day Nature Escape in Zhangjiajie. Please tell more about your travel plans and we’ll reply to you in the next 48 hours. If you are making a more general tour enquiry then please fill in our Contact Us form.